Stop Sydney

by

After saving for months, not drinking for four weeks and dreaming of a no-holes-barred mini break I finally arrived.
Not before a near death experience journey to the airport with two minutes to spare before check-in closed. Followed by a delayed flight which was then cancelled and then having to spend the night in a $140 sweat box for the night.
But I made it! 






I had an amazing time. I partied with pirates, was the tallest in the club. Met random people, did everything there is to see and do. Had nowhere near enough sleep, made epic memories and still managed to get in to work for 10am after getting up at 4am for the flight.
I owned at life.
& now I am exhausted.

Staying with me this week are Laura & Maria.

I met these two at my hostel, they are from Calgary & we partied like animals. So when they said they were coming to Melbourne I wouldn't hear of them staying in a hostel.
Full house this week!


I have no memory of where or when we took this photo.
But it was an epic night.

When I got in the taxi on Monday morning groggy, sleep deprived and a little stale the driver turned and smiled at me.
"Good time eh?"
"Oh hell yeah, I partied all weekend"
"First time to Sydney"
"Yeah I've been saving for months"
"Ah, good. Life is soo short. Don't work soo hard. People always working soo hard and not appreciate what they have. You took time. You stopped. Good for you".

Stopping, breathing and taking time to appreciate how far you've come can be good for you. Amongst the pirate raves and the neon lights that colour your life, stopping and saying yes to the things you truly want to do and achieve is living. That is what all the anecdotes and metaphors are talking about.

So just stop.