Above the clouds

by

The world truly is a funny place. Last night I met an 18 year old who had never been kissed, never had a drink and never smoked anything in her life. And I just wanted to hold her like a baby dove in my hands. She looked so precious and fresh to the world.


There was a beauty about this girl that I recognised as having had a long time ago. Not to get nostalgic or romantic about it but she had a glow. I wanted to bottle her up like tink & shake her out when I needed to feel lighter. It's all ahead of her, all the mistakes, the awesome times and the hard ones too. 

The further along the road we get the more our eyes open. And the experiences can dull the glow in our eyes at times. You get exposed to the badness without realising it & keeping a hold of a sense of self becomes a real struggle. Whether its getting to Wednesday and still pinning together Saturday night or just trying to come to terms with other people and the plethora of bullshit that comes with that. Lets face it, life is a head fuck. 

It helps to remember that above the clouds there's alway a blue sky. It doesn't go anywhere.